Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 13, 2014: What To Do?

Its been over 2 years since the 2nd appeal I sent to Kaiser Permanente to get Dr. Edwards II to do my surgery in Baltimore was rejected. Apparently there are doctors in KP that can provide the same service as Dr. Edwards II. But that doesn't make sense to me, since I was told by my  KP doctor that he has never seen my condition before and the doctor they would get from California also has never seen my condition and they would be doing a vertebrectomy.

I am in a dilemma. I'm thinking of trying to get KP to reconsider my surgery with Dr. Edwards II. But I feel like that means I'm not trusting God to heal me all the way. I mean, He has healed my pain. Why wouldn't He heal the deformity as well?

So what do I do when the answer isn't obvious? I go to my mom, my rock. After a long talk I have decided to keep trying to get this surgery. Maybe God wants to heal me through surgery. And if not, then KP will keep denying my appeals.

So my first step is to reconnect with Dr. Edwards II and to get this ball rolling. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment