Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 13, 2014: My Image

No! Its the middle of August and I've only lost 10 pounds! Not enough to see a difference. *pout*
Still have 23 lbs left to lose to reach my goal.

Its always been a problem. Weight loss. I used to have fast metabolism and since I couldn't
exercise or run around because of my back problem, that metabolism was a huge blessing!
But as I got older (after high school) my metabolism slowed and the pounds slowly began to pack
on.

I've always been self-conscious of my body because of the square-shape my back forced me to have. And because my upper torso is pulled down I have a pile of skin around my waist that makes me look a bit overweight. So gaining weight was salt on an open wound. Its so hard to overcome that self-consciousness when I have 2 physically fit roommates.

But I must overcome it!! I hate constantly feeling down about myself.

How do I do that? In a world where I am constantly reminded about what the "perfect body" is. In a living space where its constantly shoved in my face by the presence of my roommates. Always exercising, always going for runs, always eating healthy. I really want to be healed. To feel better about myself. Yes, image isn't everything... but its still something...

No comments:

Post a Comment